(91 to 95) of 95 Results
I’m looking for a new host for this page… I’ve already been bothered by Earthlink for bandwidth. Kinda sad since I don’t have many visitors. So if anyone wants to host the page, E-mail me! Also if you guys would would put up a link to my page it would be appreciated. I’d like for more than 10 people to read my updates! haha. As you can see from the screenshots below progress is going well! Since the update below (July 28th) I have found that I can only have 64 characters total in the text box which is only 3 dialog lines. I already have a solution I am working on. I am working on variable font as well. Soon as those two things are complete. A patch will be released with the the intro translated, a small bit of the game, as well as the menus. I should be able to pick up the pace at that point with most of the hard obstacles overcome! Keep checking back for updates! I update a lot!
Good News to Report this time! Firstly the biggest news would have to be the 8×16 font implementation. A big thanks goes out to Byuu for that! What a swell guy! = ) I finally figured out the menu, so most of that is done now. The ROM has been expanded, so I don’t have to worry about overcoming space constraints. Part of the intro has been inserted. I am still testing the dumping-insertion process. Basically, we are good to go as you can see from these screen shots below! I feel a patch release coming on soon! I’d like to work on the battle menus a bit before a patch release, but we’ll see. I’m just really anxious to get something out there for you guys to play the game with and try it out! The progress page was updated a little bit. Basically, a rehash of what I’ve said here and a little bit more. Updated the screenshots too. Thats about it. Adios!
Here’s the latest. The script block dumps are coming out fine and I have already dumped some of the intro and had it translated. I have an English table and reinsertion looks good. However, thats where the good news ends. The game uses 16×16 font. This is not feasible in English the way it is. I need to modify it to an 8×16 font or a variable width font. This is not too much of a problem, but for me it is because my font skills are lacking. If anyone wants to help me implement an 8×16 font or variable width font please E-mail me right away. Once this obstacle is overcome, I can concentrate on dumping the rest of the script and having it translated. Also, if anyone knows much about how menu text is stored let me know. This game uses an interesting way of doing the menu. Lastly, there was a small update on the progress page.
The Wheels are Turning
OK, new update. I added a few links to the link page. Check them out if you have time. Most likely you already know about their pages anyway. Remember, if you want me to link your page, e-mail me! I updated the progress page with the details on whats going on now. Basically, I caught up with Bongo. We discussed the game. With his help the table is complete now. I dumped the menu text, it has been translated. However, I’m having a problem figuring out how the menu text works. The dialoge seems under control and I could dump the intro perhaps and have it translated. But, what good is that for a patch if you can’t play anything because the menu isn’t translated! Oh and one last thing. I fixed the link to the game at the bottom of this page for those of you saying it didn’t work. It’s to a different site now. Just e-mail me if that site happens to go down too and I’ll get another!
The Return of Translation Corporation!
Yes, Translation Corporation is back after a long absence from the translation scene. Most of you probably don’t remember us. For Nostolgia’s sake HERE is the link to our old page. We were working on ff3j until I was in a severe car accident. Now a new project has been introduced. Dual Orb 2 is the name of the game. Quite possibly could be one of the greatest RPGs out there for SNES. Only time will tell. All I can say is the music in this game is great and it seems like a wonderful gem of a game. Also, I have decided to keep the name Translation Corporation because of that cool animated logo and nostalgic reasons, however right now it is a one man team. It’s more of an independent translation as I am the only one currently working on it. I will recruit a translator however when I get a script dump because that I can’t do alone. Anyone interested in possibly joining me E-mail me. Also, since I have lost my contact list from years ago, if anyone that used to work on the ff3j project with me drop me a line. Even if I just talked to you on ICQ or something like that, it will be fun to hear from you!