Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Breath of Fire soundtracks (Read 300 times)
KingMike
Circle of Royalty

BRAAAIIINS!

Breath of Fire soundtracks
Apr 21st, 2021 at 10:59pm

I remember some years ago Capcom listed the entire series OST collection. Wasn't it like on vinyl and like $120?
Don't think I'd have paid that, but I did download the digital version, for at least the first two games, that I guess was a somewhat recent Steam release.

It seems they were made from source recordings rather than simply being the SNES tracks.

Was listening to the first game, and wow it did sound much better. Even what I had considered the "average" tracks, were a pretty nice listen.

Though I see Nightcrawler said in his old BoF2 review the music was "slightly catchy to downright annoying".
Harsh words, man. Angry Even on the SNES I liked it, will need to spend some time hearing how the uncut versions sound.

WWW 124792925  
IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Re: Breath of Fire soundtracks
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2021 at 3:36pm

I really disliked Breath of Fire II so that probably influenced my interpretation of the music too! On the other hand, I still remember many tunes from many SNES games, but I don't really remember anything from Bof2. Nothing about it was very memorable! Grin

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)