Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need programming help on Macross 7 GBC game (Read 109 times)
ichidoreichan
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Need programming help on Macross 7 GBC game
Oct 18th, 2018 at 7:45pm

Hello Nightcrawler:

hi ! 😺

I'm a Japanese to English translator and writer and I'm very interested in translating マクロス7・銀河のハートを奪わせろ! (Macross seven: Ginga no Heart wo Furuwa Sero!! Let's take the heart of the galaxy!!) released on the GameBoy color as a side project :

I wanted to know if you or anyone you know would be interested in helping with localization programming?  I finished translating the table and I need to insert the script in the rom. It is a simple fun action mecha shooter that also has musical stages.
If you can reinsert the script that will be amazing. Thanks Smiley

My programmer went awol for 5 months already, so if you could give me a hand on this, it would be great  Grin

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Re: Need programming help on Macross 7 GBC game
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 12:39pm

Sorry, I don't have any interest in doing work for that game. 

Did you dump the text from the ROM using the table file you made? If you already accomplished that, it sounds like the game's text storage is fairly straightforward. In that case, you may able to use a utility like Atlas to insert the script back into the game without needing to know any programming. There would be a learning curve to use Atlas, but if you are determined, you can do it! Smiley

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)