Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm willing to help finishing Tenshi no Uta trans (Read 422 times)
akualung
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

I'm willing to help finishing Tenshi no Uta trans
Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:30am

Hi. I see that the Tenshi no Uta translation has been stuck for some time, since that game's main translator quit the scene. Well, I've been studying Japanese for a few years at the Official Language School in Barcelona, and if there's anything I can do to help move this project forward again, I'm willing to do it.

My current level of Japanese isn't exactly great (right now I'd say i'm at JLPT N4 more or less) but I can always get help from some schoolmates who are as passionate about jrpgs as I am. There are really brilliant people in that school.

So, if I may ask, what is more or less the amount of text still left to translate? I won't be able to help when it comes to hacking (although, If I'm not mistaken, you have that matter covered already), but if the main roadblock for this project is the untranslated text, maybe I can do something about it.

Just tell me if you think I can do something to help. It saddens me to see a project stuck so close to completion.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:38pm by akualung »  

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Re: I'm willing to help finishing Tenshi no Uta trans
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 1:53pm

Thanks for the offer. I do have a volunteer currently, and there has since been some contact from the original translator. It appears that the situation may be handled now. I will keep you in mind if things change. Smiley

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

akualung
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Nightcrawler wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
Thanks for the offer. I do have a volunteer currently, and there has since been some contact from the original translator. It appears that the situation may be handled now. I will keep you in mind if things change. Smiley

I'm glad things seem to be going forward again. I wish you the best of luck with this project and a big thank you to all the people involved in it Wink

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 1:30pm

Hopefully it goes well; would be cool to see it this year, with all the SNES patches that have been coming out lately, all things considered, but when it's done, it's done. Smiley

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 3:38pm

The remaining bits of misc translation work has now been finished and I am working on finalization of the hacking work that was waiting for it! Smiley

The script really need some editing now. The original translator is back now and wants to do a first pass on it this month. We'll see how that goes. It will probably need a second pass by someone else after before it is ready for testing. I may have someone lined up for that, but need confirmation.

We'll probably have a more clear direction again in May on how close we are to beta testing. I'm trying to push it along as best I can with all involved.

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)