Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Q's on Glory of Heracles IV post game bosses (Read 304 times)
megabladej
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Q's on Glory of Heracles IV post game bosses
Feb 11th, 2017 at 4:34pm

Hi, new guy here. Just beat GOH4 and it was amazing old school JRPG goodness. Thanks for doing the translation!
I'm doing the post game dungeon, fought my way to Spite and it is kicking my ass hard. Was wondering if anyone knows how many bosses are in the post game dungeon and if anything happens if you make it to the end? Thank you !

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Re: Q's on Glory of Heracles IV post game bosses
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 9:38am

Each time you enter the cave it will be a new dungeon. There are 40 dungeons and 40 bosses.  These are the 40 fiends that Heracles mentions having to vanquish. After you beat them all, you get to face a very hard super boss. It's a strictly a challenge dungeon, so the game doesn't give you anything afterwards. It just starts over.

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

megabladej
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 1:49am

Thank you very much for the quick response. You just saved me a crap ton of time and frustration. The game was fun but i think its time i moved on to a new one. Think i might try the The Magical Land of Wozz next. Once again thank you.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 5:55pm

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that the game didn't reward you with anything for doing that myself. That's kinda lousy. They could have at least thrown in something. I wasn't even a fan of the regular ending of the game. I was expecting a bit more to wrap things up there. The game built up a good premise and story, but the climax fizzled a bit.

IP Logged

Pastor Cosme
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:25am

Nightcrawler wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that the game didn't reward you with anything for doing that myself. That's kinda lousy. They could have at least thrown in something. I wasn't even a fan of the regular ending of the game. I was expecting a bit more to wrap things up there. The game built up a good premise and story, but the climax fizzled a bit.

I just wrote on my other topic complimenting you guys (Nightcrawler and ななし) for the swesome job on GHIV and I must agree with the above quote.

Although the story/plot is fantastic, the ending game could have a bit more of stuff, some nice screens, things like that.

I also did not know about a post-game "dungeon". So we have one, huh?

Regards!

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:35pm

The post game dungeon and new characters can be found at the location in the image below.

*SPOILER*http://i.imgur.com/Menmni6.png*SPOILER*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)