Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kishin Korinden Oni (Read 2703 times)
RyuseiDate
Peasant

I Love YaBB 2!

Kishin Korinden Oni
Aug 17th, 2011 at 11:22pm

Hi, this is Ryuseidate aka Rai. I've been working on and off on hacking Kishin Korinden Oni. After all, it's a decent SNES RPG that has no translation yet. It's one of my many projects.

What's been done so far:

I hacked the original 12x16 Japanese Font, down to an 8x16 font. Ignore the incorrect game name.

News:
Most recently, I've been working on making the 8x16 menu font, a VWF. However, this is no easy task and will take time. This will require first, making the font dynamic instead of static. It's much harder than doing a 16x16 dynamic VWF.

Progress with this has been going pretty well though. After coding and debugging literally all day, I was able to get some of the text in V-RAM, displaying on the screen. Naturally, there are errors; but those will be fixed in time.

You can't tell in the screenie, but the text on screen is actually written in V-RAM, instead of the whole font being in V-RAM.

IP Logged

RedComet
Peasant

Kentucky
Re: Kishin Korinden Oni
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:25pm

I am proud of you, Rai. I knew you'd pull your head out of your ass eventually.  Smiley

IP Logged

ze10
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 12:14pm

Cool! I've played this game a little, but I couldn't get far into it, because I'd always get stuck.
However, I've beaten Bakumatsu Kouriden Oni, though I never understood what happened in it. =P
I hope you finish this project!

IP Logged

Next_Gen_Cowboy
Nobleman

I am what I am; nothing
more and nothing less

Inside my own head.
Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:26pm

Looks good, except the M's in the font (not to be nitpickey, they just look out of place with how clean the other letters are)

Unless that's part of the errors you were talking about, either way good luck.

Sleep is like cocaine, for the brain.
nextgencowboy  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)