Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
nonme345's Translation Projects (Read 34483 times)
nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Re: nonme345's Translation Projects
Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 11:56pm

Progress on Famicom Detective Club has been startling since I received Demiforce's notes, tools about the game. There's also some progress on Emerald Dragon, and another game which I already posted info about, on this topic's counterpart on RHDN.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 1:45am by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 7:43am

Currently having some troubles with Famicom Detective Club, due to space constraints. In other news, I just became the main translator for "Burning Heroes." Smiley

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 9:48am

You're that fluent in Japanese? Few are both hacker and translator. That's an impressive accomplishment. Smiley

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

Garrett
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 2:47pm

In order for DTE to be effective and reasonable, you need a good chunk of free space in the game to work with. The only thing is most NES/FDS games don't have that space available. If you have a little free space, but not enough for a sizeable table, you could axe the dakuten code and relocate part of your DTE routine there. I've actually done this and it works quite well, but their isn't enough room for all of the DTE routine, so I had to split my routine up with jumps.

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 5:55pm

Progress on the MSX Megami Tensei has been great. EsperKnight volunteered to translate the script to the best of his ability. He also helped me in some aspects of the game. In other news, there is also progress on RANCE, specifically the PC-88 version.

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 2:18am

Let me say that I have decided to translated AGALTA by myself, and is focusing mainly on Megami Tensei these days.

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #21 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 11:19pm

Much has changed since the last time I've posted here. I have now found a translator for Agalta, Music Disk, and Amazing Disk Vol. 2. I have decided to not translate anything anymore, except for Die Bahnwelt, which will be finished by next year. Rance has been canceled, due to problems with the translation tools, and I am now long gone from Dynamic Designs. I will ask my new translator if he could translate Dragon Knight as well.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #22 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 7:38am

What happened with Dynamic Designs?

Looks like your website link in your sig is wrong. Is it supposed to be http://jpntrans.eludevisibility.org/ ?

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #23 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 8:59am

Nightcrawler wrote on Dec 8th, 2010 at 7:38am:
What happened with Dynamic Designs?

Let's just say something went wrong with the relationship. Fortunately, they aren't angry.

Nightcrawler wrote on Dec 8th, 2010 at 7:38am:
Looks like your website link in your sig is wrong. Is it supposed to be http://jpntrans.eludevisibility.org/ ?

Fixed.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #24 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 7:53am

Quote:
Let's just say something went wrong with the relationship. Fortunately, they aren't angry.

Well, don't feel bad. ROM hacking community drama has been happening since the mid 90's from day 1. I've seen so much of it over the years and unfortunately been a part of some of it. Thankfully things are quieter today than they were then. The funny thing is, for latter day drama, it's often many of the same people it was years ago. It's like that saying 'The more things change, the more they remain the same'. DD happens to contain some of those people, which is what peaked my interest.

Also, like any hobbyist large project community, people have their own specific ideas of how the project should be done and where it should go. Look at the open source community. Projects are forked and developers split all the time.  In the hobbyist world, it's difficult to stick many people together, work countless hours for free, and share the same specific ideals of how the project should go. Unlike a real job, there's no obligation or hierarchy of power.

Ok, I'm getting a little philosophical now. I'm out.

Quote:
Fixed.

Great! Now all you need is some content!  Smiley

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #25 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 8:11am

Nightcrawler wrote on Dec 9th, 2010 at 7:53am:
Quote:
Fixed.

Great! Now all you need is some content!  Smiley

I will add some, I promise. I just need to get the password from Eludevisibility (I forgot what it was).

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #26 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 3:45am

Added Wordpress to my site. Hooray. It's probable that in the near future, this will be the only forum that I will visit. Why? I just like it to be so.

IP Logged

stevethefish
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #27 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 1:37am

Are you still looking for a translator for Metal Slader for the SFC? I'm not fluent, but I may be up to the task. Plus my wife is fluent, so she can help out (she's a J-girl, but she gets lost with SF terminology). I was doing a search for a translated rom of this game, but no results. What is the current progress of this rom translation? I've only played the game a bit, and at least up until the space port, the language level is fairly easy to understand. Let me know if you need help. I'd like to contribute if you require assistance.

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:12am

Well, I have identified the Kanji for the table file, and proved that the script inserter works, but that's all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)