Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
nonme345's Translation Projects (Read 34486 times)
nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

nonme345's Translation Projects
Jul 3rd, 2009 at 6:31am

It seems I am still not sure how to operate my website. Tongue
I'll be going back to Google Sites.

PORTOPIA X1 (CURRENTLY SUSPENDED)
Here's a screenshot, which contains an ad to my now-defunct 110mb.com webpage:

I'll be dumping the script in a very hard manner (play, dump, play, dump), but I hope it'll be easier than I think.

Why is it suspended? I won't tell. But when I finish Famicom Tantei Club, maybe I'll unsuspend it.

Dragon Knight I
A sample of the script:
http://p.applehq.eu/?YzhlZD
The text seems to have disappeared. I'll try putting up another sample on my website later.

It was just one of the 87 script files which total 201 KB exactly. I'll be looking for a translator once I'm done formatting all of the files.

Famicom Tantei Club
DTE implementing is really slow. But fear not!
I'll be done with it sooner or later.

Sekrit Project #1 Metal Slader Glory - Director's Cut
Yes, that game.
Here's the script and the dictionary values:
http://sites.google.com/site/jpntranslations/metal-slader-glory/text.rar
And a test screenshot, showing AAA:

It messed up the game, but at least the script inserter works.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2009 at 6:05am by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Re: nonme345's Translation Projects
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 5:55am

Some news about Metal Slader Glory - Director's Cut.
I may have found a translator, but I'll see his sample translation first.

EDIT: Which is good by the way. Translation officially begins now!
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2009 at 6:37am by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 6:51am

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Due to this post:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,8509.0.html
I am making progress, since some of the info about the third game can also be applied to the first game, which I'm working on.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 7:18am

Please don't double or triple post when so little time has gone by. Rule of thumb, use 'EDIT' until at least a week has gone by.

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 7:23am

Hmm..
OK, I'll follow your suggestion.

The Legend of the Melvel
Small progress since I started on the project. Anyway, I'll work on it again this weekend.

DESTRUCTION
It's as easy to edit as The Legend of the Melvel. The game seems to be about psychics. I'll try posting a screnshot later.

About Metal Slader Glory, the translator has done another amount of work. Hope he replies to my latest e-mail after an error I mistakenly made to him. Tongue

About Higurashi, I talked to FES-sama on IRC. He's someone who posted on the related topic, in which he contributed more than helpful information. I'll try working on Higurashi again tomorrow, due to the conversation.

Again, Higurashi. I studied SCE_ALL.lbb for some time. An hour, maybe. Other than that, nothing much else.

In other news, I think I have found some empty space in Famicom Tantei Club for a DTE routine. I'm not entirely sure about it though.

Ah yes. My new website: http://jpntrans.freehostia.com/
A little messy, but I'll try to arrange this in the following days.

Seems most of the empty space was bogus. I just replayed Famicom Tantei Club today, and that's what I found out.

OK, let me see...
Nothing important today except all, not most, of the space I found is indeed bogus. Which gives me two more options. One, edit the font using a tile editor so it can display two letters graphics-wise. And two, truncate the script heavily, which is more uglier.

Some bad news about Metal Slader Glory.
Although I should have said sooner.
My translator for Metal Slader Glory had not replied to my e-mails since the mistake I made. He has, as I presume, disappeared, lost interest, become busy with work, etc.

If somebody's interested in picking up the project, here's an help wanted ad:
http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/267/
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:53am by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 5:21am

Nightcrawler wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 7:18am:
...until at least a week has gone by.

OK, since about 10 days has passed...

Update on Famicom Tantei Club. It seems the "bogus" empty space can still be used after all! Smiley
About the font editing and script truncating, forget it.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni will also be suspended, for fear it would be officially released in English sometime in the far future. If the DS dies, and there's no group interested in the game, then I'll remove it from the suspended list.

In other news, Emerald Dragon and River City Ransom for the X68K. Here's the opening text for the intro in Emerald Dragon, in SJIS format: http://jpntrans.freehostia.com/emedra/emedra.txt

No progress on any of my projects yet, since I'm working on my website.
Note to myself: Compression is one of the LZ derivatives. 256 byte sliding window.

I might as well move this thread to RHDN. But before that, an image of River City Ransom (text was copied, pasted, and slightly edited from the NES version):
http://imgur.com/6D33Yl.png
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2009 at 5:55am by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 8:47pm

Nine days has passed...

Please note that I moved the topic to RHDN, and I won't be updating this anymore. The new topic link is:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,8737.0.html

Thank you.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:30am

And thus marks the likely death of the forum again...  Cry

IP Logged

Neil
Knight of the Kingdom

In the Lost and Found

Vermont
Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 5:48am

All things must pass.

IP Logged

Killa B
Peasant

United States
Reply #9 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 10:40am

Neil wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 at 5:48am:
All things must pass.

NONE SHALL PASS.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 7:30am

Yeah! What he said! Cheesy

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #11 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 9:27am

Decided to update the topic here, since nobody would care on RHDN.

Progress on Famicom Detective Club virtually halted since tummai started NESdev-ing. My friend who could possibly help with this is very busy and I haven't contacted him since June.

Almost all of my other projects are suffering from lack of translators. The exception is Metal Slader Glory, in which my second translator is (hopefully) working on.

In the meantime, I'm helping on projects of other people, which I already did with that "Yuugekitai" fighting game.

That's the current state of things on JPN Translations.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 7:49am

Ah, the age old obstacle of finding a translator. I have always been successful in finding a translator for every project I do. My thoughts:

Continue on with the hacking work. You don't need a translated script to complete 95% of it. Complete some of those menus with test words if you need to. You can get a rough translation of most menu words using a dictionary anyway. Insert a made up script to test.

Then you can parade your work around showing you have successfully hacked all the menus, and inserted a script and all you need is a translator to complete it with the real thing.

At that point, you might want to post a news article on RHDN with the status of the project and some screenshots. Make an In Progress entry for it. A help wanted ad too if need be. It'll get some exposure. Then, it's likely someone will come along at some point.

I have seen far too many stall their projects refusing to work on it anymore until they find a translator. Then they drop the project and complain nobody wanted to translate when they hardly put any real effort into enticing a translator or trying to get one.

Unfortunately, if you don't already have a large enough established reputation, you can't just stop work, do nothing, and expect a translator to come to you. It just doesn't work that way. Most won't want to invest countless hours on a script for a relative unknown (to them anyway) if they are not confident you can live up to your end of the deal.

Those are just my thoughts from what I've seen over the years.

IP Logged

Garrett
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:43pm

More recently, I have establsihed relationships with translators and will most likely be building major projects around them. That way finding a translator will never be a problem unless they disappear or something.

Anyway, by the look of things you only appear to be a basic romhacker who cannot do any programming (I mean no offense by this). Coding a DTE routine isn't that hard, you just need to know a little 6502 and hardware knowledge. Also need to understand how the routine actually works so you can adapt it to the game it's being applied to. And yaddy yaddy yah I started from the very bottom and clawed my way to where I am now. I got lots of practice and experience by working on smaller games and learned how to use the tools of the trade (Tracers and debuggers) on them.

IP Logged

nonme345
Peasant

The same from RHDN

Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 7:25pm

Nightcrawler wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 at 7:49am:
Complete some of those menus with test words if you need to. You can get a rough translation of most menu words using a dictionary anyway.

I do that most of the time, sometimes even translating parts of the script.

Nightcrawler wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 at 7:49am:
At that point, you might want to post a news article on RHDN with the status of the project and some screenshots. Make an In Progress entry for it. A help wanted ad too if need be. It'll get some exposure. Then, it's likely someone will come along at some point.

Thank you for the ideas! Smiley
I'll be submitting some sooner or later.

Garrett wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:43pm:
Coding a DTE routine isn't that hard, you just need to know a little 6502 and hardware knowledge.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do right now. I do have a basic definition of 6502, but I still need to read up on hardware info.

EDIT: I have recently found the text routine for Famicom Detective Club after reading some documents more carefully, and I already know what RAM space can be used for the DTE code and table. Next step, I'll implement the code itself.
I'll probably write a news update on RHDN tomorrow. Wink

Note to myself:
00:9E72:B1 00     STA ($00),Y @ $0012 = #$15 --> Text routine.

EDIT2: And here's the update I promised! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:27pm by nonme345 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)