Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Far East of Eden Zero (Read 29925 times)
I.S.T.
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Re: Far East of Eden Zero
Reply #15 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 10:21am

There's an explanation. Nach gave him some ideas, and he ran with it. It's documented on his board(To an extent. The WIP board is private) if you wish to look.

Don't recall if anything on the board spurred Byuu on or if he just got a bug up his ass about it.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #16 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 7:44am

Oh. I would curious to read. Don't have an account there though, let alone access to the WIP board.

Nach has earned his stripes in the programming world. He's very skilled when it comes to ideas and algorithms.

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

I.S.T.
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 5:30am

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 8:03am

So, basically he settled for opcode level savestates. That probably could have been done a few years ago! Cheesy I'm sure it's been brought up over the years before. Still quite a shift in position in my opinion with the information given, but it's a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

Debugger support should be interesting as well, though it seems he favors mostly command line driven. That's bad for people in my condition who are challenged to use the keyboard at all. I'm in a better phase right now, but I have an appointment with the surgeon next week and will likely go back to one or even half (developed problems with the other 'good' arm) an arm again soon.

I can run geiger's debugger with one hand fairly easy. My limitation there is actually playing the game to test and see results of my code.

IP Logged

Pete
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #19 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 6:58pm

http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=520&start=30

2011-06-21 at 09:17 PM
The Doug wrote:
Hi byuu, this translation is stopped?

Byuu wrote:
Afraid so for now.

Embarrassed

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #20 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 9:13am

It doesn't surprise me. He hasn't been serious about doing any ROM hacking in a very long time. BSNES and the cracking of the chip algorithms makes hacking this game quite a bit easier than it was a few years back. Few people remain with the skills necessary to do a translation for FEOEZ. I keep hoping someone else will do it and save me the time, but it looks more and more unlikely as time goes on. I am over booked at present, but I will see that this game is translated before I retire. I own a copy of this game too.

So long as the Universe doesn't play any ill tricks on me, I'm not going anywhere and it'll get done at some point. Smiley

IP Logged

Pete
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #21 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:02pm

Nightcrawler wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 9:13am:
I keep hoping someone else will do it and save me the time, but it looks more and more unlikely as time goes on. I am over booked at present, but I will see that this game is translated before I retire. I own a copy of this game too.

So long as the Universe doesn't play any ill tricks on me, I'm not going anywhere and it'll get done at some point. Smiley

That's good to hear! It's such an amazing game. It would be really sad, if English-speaking RPG-fans were never able to play this masterpiece. People like you take their free time to give us the opportunity to experience these great games. I've done some ROM Hacking with Terranigma and I know how challenging it can be. That's why I want to say: Thank you! Thank you for Dual Orb. Thank you for Emerald Dragon, Wozz, Tenshi No Uta and Herakles. And thank you, that you give us hope that one day we will be able to play Far East of Eden Zero and literally understand it. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)