Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
TransCorp Updates! (Read 42829 times)
MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Re: TransCorp Updates!
Reply #75 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 3:51am

Congratulations on the release! Testing this one was a real please. Hope your titanic efforts are appreciated by the SFC community. Smiley

IP Logged

SPJ
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #76 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 4:18am

Simply brilliant news. Nightcrawler - we are so proud of you. I'm an hour into the game and the quality of your work so far is stunning. What an incredible gift. In time it will go without saying that this game is available in English, but the truth is we had no right to expect it. This is a little miracle, brought about by generosity of spirit. I have no words - so emotional. Congratulations my friend Smiley

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #77 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:12pm

Thank you for taking the time out to say such kind works. They are appreciated. Smiley

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

ultpaladin
Nobleman

what good is democracy
if u cant get what u
want

Reply #78 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 3:15am

Congratulations on releasing this.  This was the SNES game I was waiting for the most.  I wish I could have tested it, but work makes such things really difficult.

Winston Churchill in response to allying with the Soviet Union: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

IP Logged

SPJ
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #79 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 6:55pm

Completed it. The translation work was of the same quality as Dual Orb and Wozz. That's pretty much the biggest complement I could pay anyone in the rom hacking community. Simply brilliant.

I found a few small bugs and typos, but I can't figure out how to upload images on this board. Please PM me if you'd like the images and an explanation of the issues I encountered. Nothing major came up.

A very, very good game.

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #80 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:04am

Nightcrawler wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:12pm:
Thank you for taking the time out to say such kind works. They are appreciated. Smiley

Just one thing: you may want to update the project page for GoH IV - every GoH game is now translated, which is amazing in itself. Smiley It's also interesting that each one of them was translated by a different team by and large!

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #81 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Yes, I've edited it, thanks. Technically III and IV had the same translator even though they were done by two different groups. However it all went down, it is a milestone in the fan translation community that the entire series in now available in English though! Smiley

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #82 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 10:36am

Great to hear there's substantial progress on Tenshi no Uta! I checked that game in Japanese a while ago. Even though my skills are rather mediocre, I kinda got the gist of the story - knowing the manga helps a lot. Haven't played it through though, since the language barrier was too much to handle. Can't wait to play it in English. I really liked the stylized cutscenes, and the battle system wasn't too bad either.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #83 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 1:39pm

Yeah, Tenshi is going great. It uses much of the same code and tools as I used on Heracles, so the two projects were often done in parallel the past few years. So, now Tenshi is almost done as well. Unfortunately (for the project), the translator whom will be doing to the bulk of the script editing work is expecting a child in March (Fortunate for her of course). So, I think she will need be away from the project for awhile at that time. She has already been crunched for time with preparation already. We'll see how much she can get done over the next few weeks. No problems on my end. It's mostly down to improvements and some early testing for me now. I've probably spoiled half of the next update now. Grin

Tenshi does have a good story and I think that is probably its main draw. However, the battling has a Parley system so you don't always need to fight random battles. You can instead try to communicate with the monsters using several different languages that can be learned along the way. This results in various outcomes from them simply running away in fear (you still get the experience too!), to getting items and special black coins, befriending them, and other dialog. You have a good assortment of magic, items, and equipment to, so the game doesn't feel too tedious compared to many traditional random battle games.

I'll be sure to let you know when it's ready for group beta testing.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #84 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm

I put up a few images and minor news on the front page. Just waiting on Liana now for the most part.

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #85 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:23am

Nightcrawler wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
I put up a few images and minor news on the front page. Just waiting on Liana now for the most part.

This should be a good year for 16-bit translations if all goes well, with Surging Aura, Tengai Makyou Zero, Ganbare Goemon 2 and possibly Tenshi no Uta on the horizon.  Smiley Hopefully everything goes as planned!

IP Logged

ultpaladin
Nobleman

what good is democracy
if u cant get what u
want

Reply #86 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:47pm

It looks good Nightcrawler.  What do you plan to do after you release your last game patch?  If anyone deserves to "retire" in terms of romhacking its you.

MariusB, is Surging Aura still being worked on?  I haven't seen anything on it for a while.

Winston Churchill in response to allying with the Soviet Union: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #87 - May 1st, 2017 at 3:17am

ultpaladin wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
It looks good Nightcrawler.  What do you plan to do after you release your last game patch?  If anyone deserves to "retire" in terms of romhacking its you.

MariusB, is Surging Aura still being worked on?  I haven't seen anything on it for a while.

Apparently the project has been resumed, judging by what I've read on various forums. I guess it's not that difficult to find a translator for SA, since it's perhaps the only major exclusive, untranslated SMD RPG left (not that many SMD games left to translate in general, too). Well, I hope that this project eventually comes to fruition. As to Tenshi no Uta - I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait as well.  Cool

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #88 - May 2nd, 2017 at 10:04pm

ultpaladin wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:47pm:

I haven't retired yet. Wink I still have a few unofficial projects in the tank and several new ideas. No official announcements or promises at this time though. I do have to pick and choose what I do, and how I do it, very carefully. I want to avoid any further multi-year solo ROM hacking projects. That's become a bit unsustainable. I have other endeavors in life to pursue. So, maybe you'll see a joint project, a public project, a non-translation project, a utility, or perhaps another type of project entirely! You'll just have to wait and see! Tongue

IP Logged

KingMike
Circle of Royalty

BRAAAIIINS!

Reply #89 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:27pm

I was thinking that "well, this is Nightcrawler's last announced translation. Now what are you going to do?"

And after checking the project list, I do have to say... you know Nightcrawler there are video games to translate outside of the 1994-1995 period...   Wink

WWW 124792925  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)