Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
TransCorp Updates! (Read 42833 times)
implicid
Peasant

The Darkness, It Comes
For Us All!!!

Re: TransCorp Updates!
Reply #60 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 7:28am

I saw the missing hat SMB hack posted on your front page yesterday. Pretty cool looking hack.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
Reply #61 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 7:29pm

Still no release yet, but you can read about the latest happenings on the main page. Most things are out of my hands at the moment on both Heracles and Tenshi. I am ready to go when the ball gets back in my court. Smiley

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #62 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:52am

Awesome, can't wait for the release of Heracles 4. Smiley You guys thinking about any new projects apart from the ones you're already working on? Keep it up, kudos for all your hard work, it's highly appreciated. Smiley

IP Logged

Gideon Zhi
Circle of Royalty

Oryaaaaa!

Reply #63 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 12:47pm

The latest screenshots look great! I'm looking forward to both Heracles and and Tenshi. Hope your lung improves!

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #64 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 5:49pm

Thanks to you both.

I haven't been in a position to officially start any new projects in a long while. There are certainly a number of them I have in mind, however I have to think very carefully about the situation. It took so many years to finish the last few, I can't commit to any additional ones lightly. I may also have to rethink how I would do further projects (maybe open source or something) to ensure they could get completed and not be a ten year burden! Grin

IP Logged

Garrett
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #65 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:09pm

Great stuff. Makes me want to start SNES hacking, but I know the hard work that goes into such beautiful hacks.

New projects are great and all (I could even make a few suggestions...), but perhaps you could revisit Wozz and redo the menu? IIRC, it's in a very abbreviated state and nothing like the quality of your current work.

IP Logged

KingMike
Circle of Royalty

BRAAAIIINS!

Reply #66 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:01pm

Alf is back, in Pog form.

WWW 124792925  
IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #67 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 6:26pm

Garrett wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:09pm:
New projects are great and all (I could even make a few suggestions...), but perhaps you could revisit Wozz and redo the menu? IIRC, it's in a very abbreviated state and nothing like the quality of your current work.

Perhaps. I never really did the menus in Wozz to begin with. ChrisRPG was in charge of that. He kept stringing me along doing less and less, and never admitting he was abandoning work on it when I asked. Then, when all of my work was complete, he dropped a fat broken mess in my lap and ran.  Angry I then spent a few months just getting it to work. I then released it as I had no desire to start all that over. Sad tale really. I don't know if it had anything to do with his health issues or not. He was never honest with me. I really wish he would have told me the truth early on that he either couldn't or wouldn't do it... It would have turned out much differently. Sad

Some years back, I almost did a quick expansion hack for it. I was going to leave the 8x8 in, but expanded the number of characters. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as a few of the menus had the screen too full to expand them in a meaningful way to accommodate it. I missed them in my initial feasibility study. Something to that effect. So, it never came to be.

There's always hope for improvement. However, that project left a bad taste in my mouth after the ChrisRPG stuff, so I have not been anxious to revisit.

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #68 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 9:50am

Nightcrawler wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
Thanks to you both.

I haven't been in a position to officially start any new projects in a long while. There are certainly a number of them I have in mind, however I have to think very carefully about the situation. It took so many years to finish the last few, I can't commit to any additional ones lightly. I may also have to rethink how I would do further projects (maybe open source or something) to ensure they could get completed and not be a ten year burden! Grin

What matters is that the last untranslated Heracles no Eikou game is getting a quality translation patch. Cool Well, I bet there are many people who would gladly offer some help, so open-sourcing may not be a bad idea overall. In my experience, 'hiring' a few additional beta testers doesn't hurt either, as some people have fewer commitments and thus more free time than others (at least that's how things usually go as far as beta testing hacks and such goes). In this particular case, the end usually sanctifies the means. Smiley

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #69 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 7:58pm

Another update on the front page. Beta testing time! Smiley

We are looking for a few more testers. Anyone on the forum here interested (preferably having done beta testing before)?

IP Logged

MariusB
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Ireland
Reply #70 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:17am

Hey, I tested some games in the past, mostly RPGs (like Adventures of Musashi or Shadow Brain), but also strategy games (such as Vixen 357, I also did some spot translating/script editing in that case). I'd gladly help out with Heracles IV, looks like a cool game!

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #71 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:06pm

I've sent you an e-mail. Smiley

IP Logged

DougRpg
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #72 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 2:51pm

Hi Nighcrawler, I sent you an email (we already talked in the past).
If you still need help please let me know.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #73 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 6:28pm

The main page has been updated. Glory of Heracles IV has been released!!Smiley

IP Logged

JhutchMcDuff82
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #74 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 10:07pm

Glorious! Thank you so much! Fell out of my chair when I saw the news! Figured the very least I could do is register and applaud you for this momentous occasion. The time and dedication put into these games are mindblowing. Seeing your determination getting this over the finish line (and that goes for all your translations) is a truly inspiring quality and a humbling lesson that I could only hope to aspire to. So thank you for all your hard work! Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)