Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The Purple Parade is marching in full stride to the beat of that 'other' drum we all hear, but generally ignore. Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
TransCorp Updates! (Read 42828 times)
Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

The Dark Angel of Romhacking

USA
TransCorp Updates!
Sep 30th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Main Page has been updated. Only one shiny new screenshot. I'm hoping to return some regular activity again now that I'm settled in my new house. Though homes truly are never ending projects! At least my ROM hacking projects have definable and achievable ends!

ROMhacking.net - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
IP Logged

ultpaladin
Nobleman

what good is democracy
if u cant get what u
want

Re: TransCorp Updates!
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:09pm

congratulations on a new home, once I graduate I hope to be looking for one too.  At least there are some people settling into new homes considering the stock market problems.

Winston Churchill in response to allying with the Soviet Union: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 8:15am

I never had enough assets to afford to have any in stocks. A few years ago, I did play around with some small time money in stocks and quickly learned how volatile the market can be. You can only play with money you can afford to loose. It takes money to make money.

With the money I did have, I choose to buy a house instead to end the awful apartment life and build an equity resource. You can always tap into your home's equity in emergencies or other reasons. Though all financial reasoning aside, having a quiet place to live where nobody infringes on my well being that I am in full control of was well worth the small fortune it cost to me!  Smiley

I also didn't buy a house outside my means (which here in NJ means a small older home) and of course have a traditional 30 year mortgage. So, I won't be a part of the foreclosure issues which are causing the economic crisis we are in.

So long as my fiancee and I keep employed, we'll be fine. Smiley It's smart to save up a nest egg as well to cover as a buffer for those times where the unexpected happens such as unemployment or some other problem. Working on that next. I've always had a good head on my shoulders when it comes to self management and finances.

IP Logged

syuviel
Peasant

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 2:12am

Its good to here that your settled, I'm hoping to move too soon. Anyway Tenshi No Uta looks great, I'm hoping to play it one day. I'm a big fan of your work, it has a lot of quality.

IP Logged

Princess
Circle of Royalty

Sexy...

NJ
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2010 at 5:04pm

Hey Nightcrawler don't you think it's about time for another TransCorp update? We have been in the new year for quite some time now and I always enjoy reading your witty and well thought out comments regarding romhacking as well as life in general.  A smart man once said "This old dog isn’t dead yet and passion for the hobby is as strong as ever." Make us proud Dark Angel of Romhacking!

-500 posts I am now officially part of the Circle of Royalty-

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #5 - May 26th, 2010 at 7:56am

Princess has returned! Great to see old faces back in action here. Smiley Congratulations on Circle of Royalty status! You have joined the small group of elite TransCorpians contributing to the life blood stream of TransCorp! I believe you are now entitled to a custom title if you want one.

Yeah, we're certainly overdue for an update. I wanted to wait until there was more visible progress on the projects. Instead, I've been distracted with the Generic Script Dumper. I had to update my tools after I ran into some of the misc. text in Tenshi No Uta in so many different storage formats I didn't have tools available for.

At this stage in my ROM hacking career though I'm really into things such as my Universal VWF and now this script dumper as the "last ones" I ever make. What I mean by that is they are designed to be flexible enough to work for most all of my future needs. No need to write new VWF or script dumpers for future games. Realistically, I can't say I'd never have to write one again, but situations requiring it would be few and the changes minor. So, time invested in the tools is time well spent. Though it is a distraction/delay from the main tasks at hand.

I definitely have not lost my passion. Maybe my health, but not my passion! Grin I march forward slowly, but surely. I'm sure something nice will come to make you all proud at some point. Smiley

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:23pm

Ok. I've updated the main page with a snapshot of what's been going on with everything. I didn't realize I had so much to update about or I would have updated much sooner! I guess I'm not always what sure people are interested in reading about either. Sometimes I think some items might be uninteresting or not enough for the public, so I don't make a front page news item about them. Then I hoard and stockpile on news until I'm overflowing! I could have gone longer. I didn't even get to give many details!!

I hope all the time I'm spending on tools and universal approaches will pay in future rapid development and new projects. That's the idea anyway. I try to adapt to be as or more productive with less time because we all know the older you get, the less free time you have. So, I keep trying to get smarter about the way I do things.  Cool

IP Logged

Princess
Circle of Royalty

Sexy...

NJ
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 11:49am

Glad to see that you have chosen to work smarter not harder. Nice to see your brain is still working even in your old age. haha
I enjoyed reading your update.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #8 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 9:54am

They say with age comes wisdom. Wink

I'll try not to make it half a year before the next update! Though I'm sure those eagerly salivating on the latest and greatest visit the forum where news comes quicker in tinier bits.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 10:21am

The main page (always accessible from the forum by clicking the TransCorp logo) was updated with some new Herc4 screens and news! Too bad I run a flat file Perl based forum and a database driven PHP website. That makes it way too hard to make news posts automatically go the forum for discussion. I could always change out the forum to match, but I've grown attached to YaBB after all these years. It keeps us unique too as it lesser run software these days.

IP Logged

ultpaladin
Nobleman

what good is democracy
if u cant get what u
want

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 11:16pm

The GOH4 screens looked great Nightcrawler, hopefully the translator will pop back on the scene sometime.  How far did he/she get with the translation?

Winston Churchill in response to allying with the Soviet Union: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 7:18am

Thanks. He got probably about 15% through the main script. Many translators underestimate the amount of work it actually is. I just don't get why people just disappear for months and can't be bothered to communicate, especially when they're working on a project together. A simple sentence or two could go a long way.

IP Logged

Garrett
Peasant

I Love TransCorp!

Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 7:02pm

Your translator has his own Youtube channel and appears to be at least active in one aspect, so he hasn't disappeared completely.

IP Logged

Nightcrawler
YaBB Administrator

USA
Reply #13 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 10:59am

I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Undecided

IP Logged

KaioShin
Nobleman

Germany
Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 5:30am

Nice screenshots!

Ask him then through Youtube? Better to know the hard facts than to potentially waste tons of hours waiting on a script that never comes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Nightcrawler)